Online Tech is currently seeking a Financial Analyst at our Ann Arbor, Michigan location. We’re looking for a candidate responsible for developing and maintaining key business and financial metrics and data. As a full-time exempt (salaried) position, the financial analyst would report to our CFO, with with direct interaction with all members of our management team (marketing, sales, operations, HR, business development and our co-CEOs).
The managed data center business is expected to grow to $18.5 billion by 2015. Online Tech, Michigan’s largest managed data center operator, is poised to take advantage of significant growth in demand in across the Midwest. Online Tech owns and operates three premium data centers, and focuses on high availability, compliance, and security. Online Tech helps clients manage their growing IT demand with a full range of solutions from colocation to multi-tenant cloud to private cloud computing in an independently SSAE 16, SOC 2, HIPAA, & PCI compliant environment.
Find out more about Online Tech on our Company page, or read about our press mentions in In the News.
- Track Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance and uptime for our data center operations, including current reporting and enhancing the overall reporting activity
- Perform analysis of operations’ support tickets to provide data that will help the operations team automate and prepare to respond to new data and support ticket trends
- Analyze contract activities, including new clients, renewals, additional services on current contracts, cancellations, and projections and trend analyses
- Set up reporting process, tools, and metrics for our director of sales and team
- Establish and maintain product tracking data (for example, which clients have purchased what services, upgrades, pace of uptakes, etc.)
- Set up reporting process, tools, and metrics for our director of marketing and team
- Design corporate report dashboard and generate recurring statistics, both regular and ad hoc as needed for specific analysis requests
- Perform regular financial analyses on business performance (e.g., leverage and operating ratios), including monthly analysis and trending of sales, cost of goods sold, other expenses, and margin. Prepare quarterly forecast.
- Work with management team to establish relevant industry comparative data and track Online Tech performance against industry standards
- NPS data analysis (transaction versus relationship data)
- Perform other duties as required to help the Online Tech team achieve its sales objectives
Required Skills and Background:
- At least three years of experience in mining and developing data from sales, marketing, operations, and financial systems to produce meaningful key indicators and information for the company’s management team
- A four-year business school degree, or equivalent closely-related experience
- Demonstrated track record in providing business analysis support to a multi-disciplinary corporate team
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Access
- Strong skills database creation, maintenance, and query skills, particularly Access and SQL
- Strong grasp of statistical information and ability to present data in a coherent and understandable fashion to management team members
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to work independently with managers of diverse subject areas (operations, sales, marketing, corporate)
- A strong desire to learn new skills and excel on the job
- Self motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
- U.S. citizenship or permanent lawful U.S. residency required
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to [email protected]. Find out more about the position here, and view our other Career listings.