Based on the evolving worldwide situation with COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to provide an update on our efforts at Otava to mitigate the spread of the virus. Rest assured, our team is fully prepared to continue providing exceptional service to you. We are actively reviewing our business continuity plans and are fully staffed to assist with any concerns, questions, or additional requests for service that you may have. As you know, we are experts in Data Protection and Disaster Recovery!
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues, we have implemented many precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees and customers.
- We are restricting all business travel unless necessary. This means, you may have the option to meet with your account manager via video chat or phone rather than having an in-person meeting.
- We are recommending that all of our team, who are able, work in their remote offices rather than coming into an office location.
- We are staffing our data centers only with essential personnel and following social distancing practices.
- We are also following CDC guidelines for cleaning, disinfecting, and providing education to our employees on how to reduce their risk of exposure.
- We make sure hand sanitizer, gloves, disposable wipes and tissues are available at every Otava location on a best efforts basis.
- Otava cleaning crews will clean frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular cleaning spray or disinfectant on a daily basis.
- We are continuing to monitor and follow CDC recommendations on the spread of the coronavirus.
Otava Operations and Engineering support team members are spread across multiple geographies (more than four countries, eleven owned, operated or 3rd party facilities and numerous home offices worldwide). Given our geographic disbursement, we do not anticipate that the coronavirus will have any significant impact on Otava’s operations.
Please help us control the spread of the virus by avoiding coming onsite unless it’s an urgent request. As mentioned, we are limiting the number staff at each location. For the health and safety of our employees and to improve your service, we ask that you submit a support ticket 24 hours in advance of coming onsite and to be prepared to answer the pre-screening questions below. We also request a 24 hour advance notice for any shipments, pickups or vendor visits, unless it is an emergency. During urgent requests, we will be asking pre-screening questions to minimize exposure and risk:
- Are you currently experiencing any flu-like symptoms including fever, body aches, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed novel coronavirus (COVID-19) patient in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled internationally within the past 14 days?
You are welcome to request remote assistance utilizing our remote hands support at this time. Please take a moment to check OTPortal®
to confirm that we have the most current contact information for you and your team members.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to anyone on our staff via email, phone or through OTPortal®
Related COVID-19 communication
PSA: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Preparedness
Business continuity and Coronavirus 2019: Business tips for employee health and safety